The following ANZAC DAY Services will be held throughout the district tomorrow, Wednesday, April 25. Further details on the Events page.
- 6.00 a.m. dawn service at Leckie Park Memorial.
- 10.45 a.m. assemble at the RSL Hall for march to Leckie Park Memorial for 11.00am service.
- 10.50 a.m. assemble for 11.00am service at Cenotaph.
- 10.45 a.m. assemble for 11am service at Flowerdale Community Hall,Yea/Whittlesea Rd, Flowerdale. Refreshments to follow.
- 5.30 a.m. assemble for dawn service at Glenburn Community Centre (the old school on Melba Highway).
- 5.30 a.m. dawn service at St Peter’s Community WW1 Memorial Church, Kinglake, followed by a gunfire breakfast.
- 10.30 a.m. service at the Lions Club ANZAC Memorial, Kinglake Community Centre, Exton Road, morning tea to follow.
- 10.30 a.m. assemble at cnr Murchison and Lyell Sts. March at 11.00 a.m. to cenotaph, service at 11.15 a.m at cenotaph. Refreshments at Men’s Shed after service.
- 8.45 a.m. assemble for 9.00 a.m. service at Strath Creek Pioneer Reserve Memorial. Refreshments to follow.
- 11.30 a.m. service followed by BBQ lunch, Terip Terip Recreation Reserve, Springs Road, Terip Terip
- The 2018 service has been cancelled due to illness.
- 10.00 a.m. wreath laying service at War Memorial.
- 10.00 a.m. service at Yea Memorial Hospital.
- 10:45 a.m. assemble at the Cenotaph. Service commences at 11:00 a.m. RSL, Emergency Services and members of the public wishing to march wearing relative’s service medals (worn on the right hand side) are requested to assemble at the RSL Hall in Snodgrass Street, Yea at 10:30 a.m. March will fall in at 10:30 a.m. and step off at 10:45 a.m. arriving at the Cenotaph 11.00 a.m. Refreshments will follow at the RSL Hall.
- Assemble at Whittlesea Bowls Club, 101 Church Street, at 2pm on Wednesday for a 2.30 p.m. march to Arch Memorial in Walnut Street, then to the Soldiers Memorial in Church Street. Refreshments will be served at Whittlesea Bowls Club.
Further details call (03) 9716 1361.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Lest We Forget.
The sacrifices made by our forefathers are why I’m (and you) are able to be here – today – reading this very report. Lest We Forget.
Kinglake Ranges News will report from the Kinglake Dawn Service and Kinglake Morning Services live.